In this update, we have introduced a new feature that allows you to purchase items from the store with cryptocurrency.
The overwatch shotgun character is a new addition to the game that has been released with the most recent update.
The latest version for Nine to Five has yet to be published, but developer Redhill Games has already posted the Nine to Five update 0.2.0.0 patch notes. According to the description, the next update will offer a slew of new features as well as a lot of in-game balance.
The patch notes below include all pertinent information regarding the Nine to Five version 0.2.0.0. To give you a quick overview, this patch introduces new weapons, matchmaking events, and improvements to weapon handling. Furthermore, the developer said that many bugs and other problems have been fixed in this version.
The full patch notes may be seen below.
Patch Notes for the Nine to Five Update 0.2.0.0
The developer did not provide a specific release date for version 0.2.0.0, but they promised that it will be released shortly.
Weapons of the Future
- The Gambler is a quick-firing, long-range shotgun with a narrow spread and a limited ammunition capacity. When it comes to long range shotguns, the number of pellets that connect is always a risk. So hold your breath, take your time, and enjoy Nine to Five’s “Elephant Gun.”
- Lurker is a unique mix between an SMG and an AR. It may seem tiny and flimsy, but it was built for a specific reason. If you like the quickness of an SMG and the donkey-like impact of an AR, this might be the gun for you. Of course, the range may not be precisely what you’re looking for owing to its DIY looks.
Events that bring people together
We’re adding a new event type called Matchmaking Events with this release. This is a separate matchmaker queue that you may join to play a fresh map, flow, or game with different rules. Everything being tested is still at an early stage of development since we want to receive input as soon as possible. So try out the new maps, flows, and other tweaks in the matchmaking events, and let us know what you think on Discord or the Steam Forums!
The first four events will take place on weekends, and you can read about them here:
- Inpatient and outpatient services (24.9-27.9) – Take a look at a sneak peak at an upcoming map situated throughout a large medical institution.
- 1.10-4.10 – Quick and Dirty In this compressed game mode, the time is ticking. The goals remain the same, but the action moves at a breakneck speed that is often fatal.
- Slow & Steady (8.10-11.10) — This game option adds additional time to each round, allowing for a more tactical approach or just waiting for the opponent to stroll into the sights of a sniper scope.
- Hot Minute Massacre (15.10-18.10) is a new game mode that takes place in a smaller section of ONY.
Handling of Weapons
ADS has been improved.
- Smoother ADS – We enhanced the ADS speed for most weapons to make the transition between hip fire and ADS more responsive, smooth, and quick.
- Unique ADS speed for each weapon class — In order to give each weapon its own unique function in combat, we modified the ADS speed for each weapon class differently. As a result, the aiming down sights speed of certain strong firearms differs from that of less powerful yet faster weapons. For example, the Tiny Tim pistol has the quickest draw and ADS compared to the LMG, which has the slowest.
- Greater sway when switching to ADS on sniper rifles — To discourage players from executing unrealistic rapid scoping, a stronger sway was added when switching to ADS on sniper rifles.
- Recoil animations and patterns for all guns were reviewed – Our aim was to give the guns real weight and feel, so they could behave like real weapons rather than plastic airsoft guns. To do so, we went through all of the in-game weapons’ recoil animations. For example, we enhanced the recoil patterns so that when you fire, the weapon doesn’t simply move up, but also follows the firing motion, sound, and kickback.
- Run-and-Gun Penalty – We changed the recoil and weapon handling to make it more difficult to aim and control the weapon when moving. The handling on the move penalty is variable for each weapon class, much as the ADS speed.
- Improved Reload Animation – We improved the reload animations for all weapons to better reflect the real reloading speed and make it obvious when the reload is complete, so players don’t start firing too soon and inadvertently cancel the reload.
- Reloading while running — Reloading while sprinting is now feasible.
Multipliers that are critical
- Headshots with Critical Multipliers — Headshots are difficult to pull off with any weapon, so we wanted to make them more rewarding and visible. That is why Critical Multipliers have been introduced to all weapons.
- Each weapon has its own critical multiplier — We’ve introduced distinct Critical Multipliers to each weapon as part of our aim of giving each weapon its own function on the battlefield. Sniper rifles and handguns have the greatest multipliers, while LMGs and shotguns, which are often employed as hip-fire weapons, spraying opponents with hundreds of rounds or pellets, have low or non-existent multipliers. The exact values for each weapon may be seen in the in-game stats.
Balancing a shotgun
- Damage modification — In the previous patch, the shotgun was the star. It was powerful, far-reaching, and… unreliable. We wanted it to have a more predictable performance so that players wouldn’t be confused as to why they were killed or why they couldn’t kill the opponent despite the fact that the circumstances were almost same. As a result, the quantity of pellets each round has been reduced without affecting the damage of individual pellets.
- Shotgun Range Has Been Reduced — Shotguns were a viable danger even at greater ranges in the previous version. The shotgun’s effective range has been reduced, while the damage reduction over distance has been enhanced. Shotguns are remain lethal at close range, but lose their efficacy at greater ranges.
- We enhanced the pellet distribution by making it more uniform and predictable.
- SMGs Have a Longer Effective Range — Unlike shotguns, SMGs have a longer effective range. This weapon class was devalued in this update since most weapons only dealt damage at close range and were weak at mid-range. So they weren’t chosen very frequently, since why would you choose a shotgun for close-range fighting or an AR for mid-range or long-range? Now that the SMG’s effective range has been raised and the damage decrease over distance has been reduced, they are much more prepared to combat shotguns.
- Improvements to weapon handling – The upgrades to weapon handling described above have a significant effect on SMGs in particular. SMGs are far more effective in close- to mid-range battles due to their quicker ADS speeds and ability to better control your weapon while moving.
Balancing a Sniper Rifle
- Improved Scope Shake — The scope frame now follows the crosshair on the screen, thanks to the addition of the scope shake.
- Flinching when hit has been added — Aiming with a sniper while being shot at should be tough, therefore we’ve included flinching to make it so.
- Stronger recoil — Because sniper rifles use bigger bullets, the kickback must be substantial. To make firing a sequence of consecutive rounds more difficult, we increased the recoil on the high-caliber sniper rifles.
Changes in Movement
- Character movement now has more weight thanks to camera shaking, noises, and FOV — We’ve heard your complaints about the floating sensation of character motions, so we’ve added camera shakes and totally redesigned the footstep soundtrack to better represent the character’s intensity. While the player begins running, the slower and steadier camera movements and shuffling footsteps when walking or crouching become heavier and stompier. You may also notice that the footfall and vegetation noises of the characters have more detail. Merc’s shoes don’t have the thud step of heavy combat boots, and they don’t sound like high hill sailor’s shoes on a sailing boat’s deck.
- Improved crouch-to-sprint transition — Previously, the transition was choppy, going from crouching to standing still, then sprinting. When your character pushes themself forward when standing up from crouching, we’ve introduced a more fluid transition.
- Improved rotational movement — Previously, while rotating the camera left or right, the weapon in the character’s hands would wriggle like a snake. This was inconvenient and impractical. We updated the animation and added additional weight to the weapon in your hands to make the action more fluid and realistic. As a result, when you turn your camera, the weapon now follows your movement more closely, as if its weight were pulling your hands in the direction of the turn.
- Improved communication while attacking a foe 0 We wanted to make it clearer if you had struck or missed the opponent. Armor, flesh, and headshot hits now have their own indications and noises.
- Enhanced communication for being struck – We improved the effects and noises that occur when the player is shot; before, it was difficult to determine the direction and strength of opponent bullets. You’ll be able to tell whether your armor is still absorbing blows or if it’s your flesh that’s being injured now.
- Near-miss bullets — We’ve enhanced the bullet trails and noises of bullets passing by to make it simpler for players to tell whether they’re being fired at. As a result, you’ll be able to identify the shooter’s direction and distance more easily.
- It’s easier to detect bleeding – Many players have died as a result of their inability to identify that they were bleeding. When you’re bleeding, we’ve introduced additional visual and auditory effects.
- Fall damage has been adjusted – Fall damage has been modified, so leap down from high locations with caution. You will begin to take damage from falls at a height of 5.0 meters, which is somewhat higher than before, but the minimum damage taken is greater. A leap from approximately 10.0 meters will kill you if you have full HP.
- Kinetic Dampener: Increases the lowest height at which you will be damaged to approximately 8 meters, and the maximum height at which you will be killed to around 20 meters. If the fall height is at least 5.0 meters, the dampener will store enough energy to release a damaging shockwave in a small radius – the damage increases with height, so falling from near maximum height is more than enough to kill any enemies or destroy any beefier destructible items (shields, turrets) that happen to be nearby.
- Varmstadt has been given a makeover thanks to improved color grading.
- Various crashes were fixed.
- It was discovered that the auto identify graphics settings were not being used on the initial start.
- Fixes an issue where matches may get stalled on a black screen if a player failed to rejoin correctly.
- When the team leader attempts to depart, the “Leave” button does not dissolve the team.
- Server stability has been improved.
- Error handling and error warnings in the store have been improved.
- New Matchmaking Events are now available.
- Two new weapons are being introduced (Gambler Shotgun and Lurker SMG)
- Communication about hits has improved.
- Fall damage and Kinetic Dampener A.S.S. levels have been tweaked.
- Audio and animations for movement have been tweaked.
- Weapon handling has been improved.
- Critical Multipliers are a kind of multiplier that is used to multiply two or more
- Fixes to specific acts are not considered aids.
- GRENADES GETTING STUCK AND DISAPPEARING ON DOWNED PLAYERS HAS BEEN FIXED
- Hands were broken while switching weapons while using grenades, thus this was fixed.
- The floating heads of a deceased player character have been fixed.
- In the Varmstadt map, several minor shootable holes were fixed.
- When certain game mode items, such as the hacking device, are generated again, gunshot holes and other decals are retained.
- Hard barriers now have visible damage states.
- On the map, update the graphics for the area objective markers.
- When a capture area is disputed by an opponent, the indicator now blinks.
- Drone Detector A.S.S.’s effective range has been increased.
- Only when the Heartbeat Scan Combat Companion ability is active can it identify players.
- Reduced the amount of time it takes to stop bleeding and made it possible for the player to do so while moving.
- Decoys are no longer drawn to players who are using the specter system.
- Various armor sets’ backpack placements have been tweaked.
Menus and User Interfaces
- After renaming the loadout, the loadout configuration will revert.
- Teammates were not always shown in the ESC menu.
- When you cancel a purchase, the buy button becomes disabled and greyed out.
- Arms Depot now has overlapping attachment slots for the “Lead Lover” SMG.
- Menu animations and postures have been improved.
- If the player is on the main menu when they start, fresh store offers will not show.
- After rejoining to a match, the stage timer displayed an erroneous value.
- Some components in the weapon part catalog that had a generic icon were fixed.
- Secondary objectives were not being shown on the map with the proper icon.
- When moving to drone view, the bleeding effect was occasionally stuck on the screen.
- When viewing some videos on an ultrawide screen, they were stretched.
- A bug where overly lengthy weapon or loadout names would not fit in the UI has been fixed.
- In the loadout editing, the display names for armors have been improved.
- Weapon thumbnails in the loadout have been improved in quality.
- Weapons in Arms Depot have been repositioned to make the component slots more visible on the screen’s borders.
- Various weapon materials and textures have been improved.
- The rarity of hacking code prizes has been improved.
- In the HUD, a setting for rotating the compass was included.
- In Arms Depot, an indication for unspent hacking codes has been added.
- Notifications for newly purchased goods have been added to the user interface.
- On the team panels in the HUD, disconnected players are now highlighted in red.
- Weapon components in the catalog now indicate which weapon they are placed in, or if they are not installed in any weapon at all.
- Skins for the “Viceroy” Lever Rifle have been updated.
- When utilizing a sight, fixed iron-sights are visible on the ADS view of the ML-LMG.
- Various clipping problems in some weapon components have been resolved.
- Various weapon materials and textures have been improved.
- When playing in a random team, teammate muting was not functioning.
- Melee audio occlusion was missing, thus it was fixed.
- Fixed Medical Station audio may occasionally be heard at later stages.
- Various animations and postures in the menu have been fixed.
- Weapon animations in the first person have been improved and fixed in a number of ways.
- Floating heads on deceased player characters have been fixed.
- Some bodily components that were stretching on deceased corpses were fixed.
- Randomization of weapon component sets in level up rewards has been removed.
- Changes in tasks should be balanced.
- In the main menu, the animation of finished or free task spaces has been improved.
Issues that have been identified
- A gun model may sometimes float over a player who has died.
- Performance is constantly being fine-tuned, with additional enhancements planned in future releases.
- The game’s audio may be louder than usual on occasion, but a restart should resolve the problem. If this happens to you, please contact us so that we can look into it further.